Sunday, October 14, 2007

Long thread on Furries, Fursuiters, my paintings and fucking chewbaca

um... wow. I just discovered this today a post on UNFOGGED,with 108 comments five days after the fact, because i was wondering why so many hits came into my site from this URL. Thanks to BECKS for mentioning my project in the first place. I have to respond to some of these things... can't help myself: (comment numbers in parens)

I Love Pearson-Wright's painting as far as I can see from the photos, thanks for turning me onto him . Fischl has always really underwhelmed me in person- the way they're painted just doesn't do it for me(107). Clearly TwoFurTea.com should be the name of a furry-speed-dating site(144), my paintings do not look like photos with photoshop filters applied in person(36), i promise, come see if you don't believe me, and taking the piss out of furries may be very 2003, but seeing what happens when you actually take them seriously as an expression of a universal human longing to be other than we are is TOOOtally 2007, man(74).

:)

thanks to Cryptic Ned Frowner for 106- he hits on several things that I feel too- I admire my furry friends for the fact that they're doing something that they know people are going to think is dorky but they just love to do it so they do it anyway with no pretense to it being anything other than straight ahead-open-hearted-goofiness of a kind that is pretty rare in my world otherwise. As for the whole sex thing, as i've said any chance i've gotten- its really only a small part of the whole furry scene- and the thing you gotta realize is there are as many reasons for being into furry stuff as there are people who are into it-- I'm not a furry myself and there is and may always be something about it that i just don't get, which is part of why it is utterly fascinating to me.... Viva la Difference! I dont' expect everyone to understand why i love painting so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home