Monday, February 13, 2006

Todays Secret Word Today is... Disintermediation

I can remember my Dad taking me to the small downtown of our small city and pointing at the 4 or 5 buildings over 20 stories tall and pointing out to me that they were all either banks or insurance companies. He said - "people who are in the business of money make the most money". With the advent of Prosper, the "Ebay of Money" web technology brings disintermediation to the world of money- thanks to trying to get it right for turning me on to this term while describing another disintermediator, Zillow. I'm officially predicting that this will be huge. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Dorky Dad said...

Very, very interesting. I can only hope that Prosper has the financial backing to build a brand that can, well, prosper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home